Sunday, July 26, 2009

May our tribe of writers increase.

Writing is a kind of relief valve for pent up emotions. Way before the internet or even computers, people used to write diaries, jotting down their day to day experiences and sometimes to the last minute detail. These were mostly people who could not give voice to their thoughts but they found they could give form to their feelings by way of words. Then again some found it was nice to write poetry on something that caught their fancy. There are guys like me for whom writing is a passion. I remember thinking of something nice to write on my way only to find myself having forgotten what I wanted to write. That gave birth to my jotting down points or a profound observation or sometimes a whole poem on a bus ticket or a paper napkin from a restaurant or any small bit of paper torn out of some odd newspaper.

I used to convert these into small stories or poems or just make a small paragraph and then use it in some other works where a situation warrants. I used to consider myself some kind of a maverick to be doing all this till I came across the computer. And now we have the internet and I find that I am just a mere speck in this vast ocean of word peddlers, and like we all agreed we get paid to put words to our thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment