Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Hobbit, new movie

I had heard that the second movie would be the eighty or so years between the books, and this is what's getting me just a little worried about how it's going to turn out. I'm not sure Guillermo de Toro is going to keep to the canon that Tolkien set up, especially since I still think Peter Jackson should have let certain details alone (*cough* Arwen*cough*).

There really isn't that much information about the time gap, so they are going to have to make up a lot of information about it for the story. I heard that it could involve The Story of Arwen and Aragorn, from the appendices, which would make sense to me, since that's when it happened.

I am looking forward to the battle with the spiders. That's just going to be fantastic. At any rate, it's got to be better than Bakshi.

No comments:

Post a Comment