Saturday, July 25, 2009

I can't go a day without writing

Writing is more than a hobby, but a life defining aspect of my personality. I can't go a day without writing something, no matter how small, without having a problem. I have issues that I have never really learned how to deal with properly, but writing helps me do just that. A day I go without writing is a day that I go without growing. Even if it's just a little snippet of poetry that I scribble down on a napkin, I have to write something everyday.

I get so many ideas for stories based on things I see, hear or experience. Some of my characters are based so directly on the people in my life that I have to actively change the reason for their motivations and their personalities to keep the same feeling associated with them, but to make it less obvious who the person is. I never really got into the habit of journaling, which has derailed every attempt I've made at blogging, because I always get the feeling that my daily life is kind of boring, even to me. I suppose if I did it more, then I may change my mind. Right now, I'm working the writing bug by posting here on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment